Tuesday, July 6, 2010

DBS, POSB Services Affected by Computer Glitch on Monday 5 Jul 2010

Were you one of those affected by the DBS, POSB bank’s computer glitch when the bank computer system went down island wide for about seven hours? I was one on them. I couldn’t do my internet banking transaction. Many customers were angry and frustrated. Can we penalize the bank for our lost time or Electronic Road Pricing fines as we cannot top up our cash card? Whenever we are late for payment or our check bounced due to some recording error of our check book balance, we will have to pay a hefty penalty charge to the bank.

I shall verify my bank balance today. Who knows, one significant zero may goes missing from my bank balance. We are Singaporeans. We’ve branded ourselves as Kiasu citizens. (Kiasu - Hokien word which means afraid to lose out). That's how many Singaporeans prosper. So better be Kiasu than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment